Accounting / FP&A
POSTED May 26, 2021
Avenue Consultants has successfully delivered a wide range of professional services in the public sector across the U.S. for over fifteen years. This is a high growth position. We are looking for an experienced accountant with financial planning and analysis expertise who can meet Avenue’s accounting needs and build the accounting team as we grow.
We have a great reputation in the industry with employees working out of six locations with clients in nine different states and we continue to build our national presence.
We are a highly collaborative team and work together primarily in our Taylorsville office. The Accounting/FP&A person will also support teams working out of our St. George, Clearfield, Logan, Richfield, and Orem locations.
- Minimum ten years of corporate accounting experience with FP&A responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required, advanced degree desired
- Recent tax and FAR experience required
- Senior accounting responsibilities must include leading, reviewing, and approving accounting and financial transactions; monthly/quarterly and annual closing experience; as well as leading an accounting team.
- Previous audit experience, ideally as a public accounting auditor
- Previous experience implementing and upgrading technology solutions and systems
- Previous experience leading process improvement projects in accounting, business and operations is highly desirable
- Previous experience working in professional services, ideally with the transportation industry or with federal, state and/or local government. Other relevant experience might include working with institutions that are regulated like higher education, energy, mining, utilities, public infrastructure, or health care.
- Review and approve financial transactions and records
- Work with executive team to develop tax strategies and FAR strategies consistent with operational goals and company mission statement
- Guide tax return process with tax accountants and financial admin staff
- Guide property tax audits, insurance audits, and other financial/admin tasks
- Train and guide financial admin staff in reviewing and developing sound financial controls and processes
- Prepare financials for annual FAR Audit and coordinate the audit with UDOT and audit consultant
- Develop business financial metrics for use in measuring the company, discipline groups, and individual performance
- Budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and planning to support executive team decision making
- Guide cash flow management and prepare business financials
- Guide payables, receivables, and collections
- Oversee payroll, employment tax, and benefits payments and audits
- Evaluation of macroeconomic conditions, to include recommendations for executive team
- Recommendations for improving our financial software and participation in developing tools in that software tool
- Development of processes and tools to aid in the financial management of projects, business decisions, and company management as a whole
- Mine company data for useful trends analyses and process improvements
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone to grow with this role, someone who is committed to continuing to develop their financial knowledge, business and operational strategy skills, client engagement planning, technology solutions planning, and has current or previous controller and/or treasury experience.
We review every resume, so we appreciate clean, simple resumes presented in chronological order. Tell us about your accomplishments and how you achieved them or send some samples of your work.
Our interviews start with getting to know you as a person – we’ll talk about why you are excited about our industry and where you can thrive in our company. Then we’ll get into the technical stuff.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Avenue provides competitive benefits including annual bonuses for eligible positions, electric stand-up desks, excellent medical, dental and vision, holidays, PTO, 401(k) with employer match, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and more.
Our Taylorsville office is located right off I-215 on Redwood Road, just 15 minutes from SLC, 20 minutes from Draper, and 25 minutes from Herriman.
Office hours are generally 8:00a – 6:00p
Work from home occasionally
Physical requirements consistent with general office work
Thank you for your time; we look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!
Avenue Consultants Is an Equal Opportunity Employer