Active Transportation Design Engineer Taylorsville, UT
POSTED January 18, 2024
Avenue Consultants is a multi-discipline consulting firm which has successfully delivered a wide range of professional services across the U.S. for over fifteen years. Avenue’s mission is to Create Opportunity for Employees and Value for Clients.
Avenue Consultants is excited to be growing our Design Engineering team! We are seeking an Active Transportation Design Engineer to work with our Project Managers on Design projects with regards to multimodal, active transportation projects. Some of the specific responsibilities would include:
- Design of shared-use path design, trail, on-street bikeway design, wayfinding signage design, and other bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Design and planning will including safety and mobility aspects.
- Identify improvements for project phases involving transportation engineering work including concept development, preliminary design, and final design
- Develop 3D Models of shared-use paths, trails, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, using Bentley Open Roads and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Quantify design elements for cost estimates
- Assembling advertising packages that include plans, specs, and estimates
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for an engineer with 4+ years experience in roadway design and a strong interest in Active Transportation Design. Specific experience with delivering projects for State’s Department of Transportation and other local municipalities. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent communication skills, an attention to detail, established client relationships who enjoys working in a team environment and is personally passionate about active transportation.
If you love a good challenge and want to find a solution on how to create safe and comfortable transportation options for people walking and biking, we should talk. We’re in the business of innovation and we’re always looking for opportunities—from great new projects to finding great new people to add to our team. If you feel like you’d fit in here, please send us your resume.
To be successful, this person should have the following qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License in Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Texas or the ability to obtain a PE within 6-9 months of hire.
- 4+ years of design experience is required.
- Some experience in Active Transportation Design experience highly preferred.
- Must have a passion for Active Transportation.
- Knowledge of AASHTO, MUTCD, NACTO and other transportation standards
- Knowledge of bicycle and pedestrian design standards.
- Understanding of principles of Safe Routes to School and Complete Streets is desired.
- Experience with pedestrian and bicycle facility planning, design, and construction.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills working with DOT, local governments, MPO’s and other third- party organizations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated Experience using MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, and Microsoft Excel, and other applications typically used by roadway design professionals.
- DOT design experience preferred but not required.
We appreciate your time to consider Avenue Consultants. Our primary objective in the interview process is to first determine if there is an alignment of interest. Second, we seek an alignment of Avenue culture. Are you driven and passionate about good work? Are you open, genuine, and care for others?
Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits including excellent medical, dental and vision plans, bonuses for eligible positions, paid holidays, generous PTO, 401(k) matching, short and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as an employee assistance program, and a flexible environment working with other passionate people.
If you are interested in working for a firm that puts people first and a team that recognizes and appreciates exploring innovative solutions in a collaborative setting, please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com – just include the job title in the subject line.
Avenue Consultants Is an Equal Opportunity Employer