POSTED July 7, 2022
ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING POSITION
The Environmental Team at Avenue is hiring! Our Environmental leadership team is personally invested in delivering the highest quality environmental solutions to our clients and developing each member of the team. Our collaborative approach to work connects you with key people locally and nationally in our industry and provides opportunities to work on projects that will challenge and grow you as an environmental professional and practitioner.
Avenue is a full-service multidisciplinary firm with 150 employees and over 15 years of success serving clients throughout the U.S.
Location: This position is located in Utah. We have five offices here to pick from—Taylorsville, Clearfield, Lindon, Richfield, and St. George. Utah’s economy is strong and recreational opportunities abound, making Utah a great place to live, work, and play. Let us know if you want to relocate here, Avenue offers relocation assistance.
Responsibilities: We are passionate about serving our clients, naturally collaborative, genuinely interested in new ideas, and constantly learning. It is this approach to our work that allows us to deliver the strongest environmental documents, analysis, and solutions in the industry, as well as provide new opportunities for our employees. You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead and support environmental planning projects, either as a project manager, environmental lead, or analyst.
- Develop, analyze, and create environmental documents.
- Write, edit, and develop images to graphically illustrate information.
- Compile and analyze technical data.
- Review, analyze and interpret planning reports and studies as well as design and implement the same.
- Further develop expertise in federal and state requirements as they apply to the assigned project(s).
- Participate in competitive proposal development (RFPs, RFIs, DOT proposals, etc.) including engaging in company growth and business development strategies.
Requirements: The right person is project-driven, client focused, and a life-long-learner. We have a diverse set of environmental and project management skills on our team so any mix of environmental specialties is great, but someone with experience or interest in air quality, biological species, and/or historic preservation would find this position fulfilling.
- Ten plus years of environmental related experience, or a minimum of seven years of environmental planning in a professional services company or department of transportation.
- A degree in environmental sciences or planning (regional, urban, ecological, recreational, etc.) is always good but we value diversity so a degree in any field related to environmental planning works well for our team.
- Comprehensive understanding of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), implementing regulations, and other relevant federal environmental laws (e.g., Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Clean Water Act, etc.)
- Strong written communication skills are critical in this position—we are looking for demonstrated success “telling a story,” presenting information in a logical progression, and conveying complete thoughts effectively. We’ll want to see writing samples.
- Must live/work in Utah, available to travel within Utah, and must be open to occasional travel within the continental U.S.
Team: Here’s who you’ll work with. Jack Allen is a nationally recognized NEPA expert. HG Kunzler and Justin Peterson are well known locally and regionally. This team continues to build the environmental practice at Avenue.
If you are interested in working for a firm that puts people first and a team that recognizes and appreciates exploring innovative solutions in a collaborative setting, please apply by submitting your resume to the email listed below.
Benefits: Avenue provides competitive benefits including annual bonuses to eligible full-time employees, electric stand-up desks, excellent medical, dental and vision, holidays, PTO, 401(k) with employer match, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and more. Free electric car charging stations at our Taylorsville office.
#environmental #environmental planning #NEPA #Endangered Species Act #Historic Preservation Act #Clean Air Act #Transportation #Transit #Biological Assessments #professional services #consulting #Utah #cultural resources #air quality #nonconformity #GIS #Geodesign #Cartography processes #ArcMap #ArcGIS #Environmental Assessment #Environmental Impact Statement
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you know someone who might be a good fit for us, please send them our way!