Lead Roadway Design Engineer
POSTED February 15, 2023
Lead Roadway Design Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a Lead Roadway Design Engineer to lead the design of roadway projects from concept through final design. Some of the specific opportunities would include:
- Undertake and lead roadway designs efforts, utilizing experience in projects covering rural and urban types of road design.
- Oversee junior engineering staff by providing direction, mentoring, and quality control in preparation of designs, plans, specifications, and estimates for work under your assign.
- Engineer of Record on work you completed or was completed under your direction.
- An appreciation of road drainage design and ancillary road design elements including road signage, striping, traffic signals, and utilities will be an advantage.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and coordinate the integration of roadway designs with other disciplines.
- Preparation of technical reports, specifications, and calculations
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a self-starter with a detailed understanding of transportation engineering and modeling of rural and urban roadways. Specific experience with delivering projects for the Department of Transportation and other municipalities is desired. The ideal person is someone with excellent communication skills, an attention to detail, and established client relationships who enjoys working in a team environment.
If you love a good challenge, enjoy a collaborative environment, we should talk. We’re in the business of innovation and we’re always looking for opportunities—from great new projects to finding great new people to add to our team.
To be successful, this person should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- A Professional Engineering License with the State of Utah
- 6 years relevant professional experience in Transportation engineering
- Local experiences delivering projects to UDOT
- An understanding of UDOT’s Standard Drawings, Specifications, Manuals, Plan Sheet Development Standards, among others
- An understanding of national design standards, such as AASHTO’s Roadside Design Manual and A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets (Green Book)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, MicroStation, InRoads or other design software as appropriate; Open Roads Designer is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
OUR PROCESS AND WHAT WE OFFER:
We appreciate your time in considering Avenue Consultants! Our primary objective in the interview process to first determine if there is an alignment of interest.
Our interviews start with getting to know you as a person – we’ll want to talk about why you are excited about our industry and where you feel that you can thrive in our company. Then we’ll worry about the technical stuff.
Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits including excellent medical, dental and vision plans, bonuses for eligible positions, paid holidays, generous PTO, 401(k) matching, short and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as an employee assistance program, stand-up desks, and a flexible environment working with other passionate people.
If you are interested in working for a firm that puts people first please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com – just include the job title in the subject line.
Avenue Consultants Is an Equal Opportunity Employer