Proposal Manager Phoenix, AZ
POSTED January 27, 2024
ABOUT THE ROLEWe are looking for an experienced Proposal Manager who will support pursuits with teams across all of our locations (AZ, UT, TX, NV). The Proposal Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and coordinating the proposal development life cycle. The Proposal Manager will play an essential role working with our executive leadership, pursuit leaders, project managers, sector leads, partners, and pursuit team to develop high quality messaging that satisfies RFPs and hits deadlines. You will Influence business strategy by participating in planning meetings with pursuit leaders, and pursuit teams providing support and direction in the following ways:
- Collaborate and partner – engage subject matter experts, engineers and professional staff (internally and externally); as well as client stakeholders to prepare accurate and winning themes and statements. Prepare teams for interviews in response to advanced RFP stages. Debrief teams after proposal submittal and decision. Create and solidify relationships with our clients and industry stakeholders.
- Manage strategic and tactical pursuits – assist the pursuit leader in the proposal development process. Prepare and maintain proposal calendar.
- Manage full-life-cycle proposal development – write, edit, design, and assist the pursuit leader and team in development of clear concise responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs. Craft pursuit messaging with a compelling consistent voice that resonates and differentiates us. Curate and maintain client-facing content and positioning responses, materials, and collateral in a content library.
- Develop best practices – build scalable and repeatable proposal processes, proposal budgets, messaging; research and share competitive intelligence, legal requirements, and quality control best practices. Stay up to date with government and public services trends as well as industry-wide best practices in proposal management.
- Continuous improvement of proposal management – analyze, track, and report on processes and results of various types of proposals, responses, tools, and templates.
- Compliance and accuracy – ensure the necessary elements are in place to win and fulfill the contract (insurance coverage, permits, licenses, and forms, etc.)
- Priorities and efficiencies – adjust to shifting priorities, adhere to deadlines, be flexible with last minute requirements; sometimes we work the occasional evening/weekend to accomplish tasks within non-negotiable client deadlines.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORThe ideal candidate is someone with effective communication skills, high attention to detail, and who enjoys working in a team environment. Candidate must be highly motivated. If you are a challenge seeker, if you enjoy collaboration and delivering results, and if you think egos have no place at the table, we should talk. We’re in the business of innovation and we’re always looking for new opportunities—from exciting projects to finding talented people to add to our team. If you feel like you’d fit in here, please send us your resume.
To be a successful candidate, this person should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree desired but not required; Any formal education in Business, English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications is valuable. Training or certifications in formal capture/proposal methodologies is a big plus.
- Demonstrated success with proposal development and pursuit management.
- Experience leading small and large complex proposals; managing multiple proposals at once; and meeting proposal timelines ranging from two-three week turn-around times to 24-month pursuits.
- Experience leading teams in strategic and tactical discussions; as well as preparing subject matter experts for advanced proposal discussions.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving ability; attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills; ability to analyze information and make sound observations and recommendations quickly.
- Keen listener, with the ability to quickly grasp ideas to be reflected in written documents and presentations.
- Ability to work with consideration and efficiency in a demanding, deadline-driven environment.
Skilled in Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint Excel), Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat), Publisher, Visio, and other design software.
- Some years in federal, state and/or local government proposal development response to and pursuit of contracts and awards for qualification based selection of professional services; or other relevant experience in professional services working with institutions like higher education, energy, mining, utilities, public infrastructure, or health care.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal / state procurement regulations and practices.
- Knowledge and experience in data management for gathering, retaining, updating and retrieval of individual and firm qualifications for professional services organization.
- Proficient in public speaking and presentations.
ABOUT AVENUEAvenue Consultants is a multi-discipline consulting firm which has successfully delivered a wide range of professional services across the U.S. for over fifteen years. Avenue has a great reputation in the industry with employees working out of multiple locations and with clients in nine states as we continue to build our national presence.
Avenue’s mission is to Create Opportunity for our Employees and to Create Value for our Clients. We are a people first culture, which means that our team members are our top priority. Avenue is highly collaborative, focused on open and honest communication, being brave, having courage, showing mutual respect, and genuine care for others. To encourage an open, collaborative environment where employees have a true opportunity for development and growth, we take an unconventional approach where we don’t use traditional job titles and organizational reporting structures.
Our collaborative approach connects you with key people locally and nationally in our industry and provides opportunities to work on projects that will challenge you and provide growth opportunities. One area we never lose sight of as we grow is how we will continue to create an environment where our employees are valued and challenged, which is why a commitment to our people and culture continues to be a key focus of Avenue’s strategic goals.
OUR PROCESS AND WHAT WE OFFER We appreciate your time to consider Avenue Consultants. Our primary objective in the interview process is to first determine if there is an alignment of interest. Second, we seek an alignment of Avenue culture. Are you driven and passionate about good work? Are you open, genuine, and care for others?
We review every resume; Tell us about your accomplishments and how you achieved them or send some samples of your work. We appreciate people with diverse professional backgrounds. Our interviews start with getting to know you as a person – we’ll want to talk about why you are excited about our industry and where you feel that you can thrive in our company. Then we’ll dive into the technical aspects.
Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits including excellent medical, dental and vision plans, bonuses for eligible positions, paid holidays, generous PTO, 401(k) matching, short and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as an employee assistance program, and a flexible environment working with other passionate people.
If you are interested in working for a firm that puts people first and a team that recognizes and appreciates exploring innovative solutions in a collaborative setting, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – just include the job title in the subject line.
Avenue Consultants Is an Equal Opportunity Employer