Roadway Design Engineer Phoenix, AZ
POSTED January 18, 2024
Avenue Consultants is a multi-discipline consulting firm which has successfully delivered a wide range of professional services across the U.S. for over fifteen years. Avenue’s mission is to Create Opportunity for Employees and Value for Clients.
Avenue is excited to grow our transportation design team in Arizona! We are seeking a Roadway Design Engineer to lead the design of roadway projects from concept through final design. Some of the specific opportunities would include:
- Undertaking and leading roadway designs efforts, using experience with projects covering rural and urban types of roadway design.
- Overseeing junior engineering staff by providing direction, mentoring, and quality control in preparation of designs, plans, specifications, and estimates for work under your assign.
- Being an Engineer of Record on work you completed or was completed under your direction.
- Having an appreciation of road drainage design and ancillary road design elements including signage, striping, traffic signals, and utilities will be an advantage.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams and coordinating the integration of roadway designs with other disciplines.
- Preparing technical reports, specifications, and calculations.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a self-starter with a detailed understanding of transportation engineering and modeling of rural and urban roadways. Specific experience with delivering projects for the Department of Transportation and other local municipalities in Arizona is desired. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent communication skills, an attention to detail, and established client relationships who enjoys working in a team environment.
If you are a challenge seeker, if you’re all about collaboration, and if you think egos have no place at the table, we should talk. We’re in the business of innovation and we’re always looking for new opportunities—from exciting projects to finding great people to add to our team. If you feel like you’d fit in here, please send us your resume.
To be a successful candidate, the following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- A Professional Engineering License with the State of Arizona.
- Six+ years relevant professional experience in transportation engineering.
- Local experiences delivering projects with local municipalities and Departments of Transportation.
- A thorough understanding of ADOT’s Standard, Specifications, Manuals, and CADD standards, among others.
- A thorough understanding of national design standards, such as AASHTO’s Roadside Design Manual and A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets (Green Book).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Workfront, MicroStation, ProjectWise, InRoads or other design software as appropriate; OpenRoads Designer is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
We appreciate your time to consider Avenue Consultants. Our primary objective in the interview process is to first determine if there is an alignment of interest. Second, we seek an alignment of Avenue culture. Are you driven and passionate about good work? Are you open, genuine, and care for others?
Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits including excellent medical, dental and vision plans, bonuses for eligible positions, paid holidays, generous PTO, 401(k) matching, short and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as an employee assistance program, and a flexible environment working with other passionate people.
If you are interested in working for a firm that puts people first and a team that recognizes and appreciates exploring innovative solutions in a collaborative setting, please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com – just include the job title in the subject line.
Avenue Consultants Is an Equal Opportunity Employer