Senior Civil Engineer – Land Development, Institutional and Municipal Projects
POSTED May 21, 2019
Salt Lake City, UT
Avenue is seeking a talented, ambitious, and hard-working senior civil engineer to contribute to the Civil Engineering/Development Services team in our Salt Lake City office. Our team is looking for a client-centric, detail-oriented engineer to be a strong leader with our client’s projects and younger staff, and build a rewarding long-term career in civil engineering at Avenue Consultants. This is a full-time position in a professional and enjoyable office with excellent benefits and plenty of growth opportunities.
The successful candidate must be well-trained in the principles of civil engineering and exhibit ambition, personal responsibility, and the ability to communicate positively and clearly with others. The candidate should be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment, and be willing to learn from others and teach others as well.
Avenue is a fast-growing engineering firm known for its innovative engineering in both the land development and traffic and transportation markets with projects across the United States. We strive to offer our clients value and service that reach far beyond the status-quo for engineering.
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 7-10 years of experience in civil engineering, PE license in Utah preferred
- Experience with engineering design of land development, institutional and municipal projects.
- Experience with managing engineering projects, including multi-disciplinary projects, including managing a project’s scope, schedule and budget.
- Experience with delighting clients and delivering projects that add value to our clients.
- Experience with communicating designs clearly and accurately in construction documents
- Experience with directing EITs with design and drafting duties.
- Experience with client management, marketing and proposals.
- Calculating and reviewing grading, lot layouts, utilities, roads and drainage.
- Interacting with clients and participating in marketing efforts with senior project managers
- Preparing construction documents, plans and specifications, cost opinions.
- Documenting design calculations, project decisions and client communications
- Working on multiple projects at the same time, and be able to adjust to shifting priorities
- Writing and preparing figures for technical reports
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills
- Software experience using MS Office, Civil3D, Site-Ops, SSA, StormCAD, HydoCAD, AutoTurn, Pond-Pack, SketchUp, etc.
Compensation includes base salary plus eligibility for performance bonuses, 401(k) employer contribution, health/dental/vision/gap/disability/life benefits, flexible spending account(s) and holiday and paid time off.
Please e-mail your resume with a cover letter describing why you are particularly qualified for the position and what skills and value you would bring to Avenue, as well as any specific motivations that drive your interest in our firm.