Active Transportation Planner
POSTED June 29, 2023
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Avenue Consultants’ is seeking an Active Transportation Planner to join our growing team, to work alongside our clients, to assist with project delivery. This position will support delivering a diverse range of traffic and planning, analysis, operations, and design projects.
- Support and execute on a variety of transportation/active transportation planning projects including AT plans, complete streets, transit planning, traffic analysis, long range planning, and community planning.
- Create technical reports, presentations, and other materials for stakeholders and clients to document planning study and concept design findings
- Develop informative concepts and quality presentation materials for public meetings and project websites/pages including GIS Storymaps and data visualization.
- Perform other similar duties as needed and support other sections
- Support and grow into project planner/engineer roles
- Other work includes
- Local, regional and statewide transportation plans
- Active transportation plans
- GIS Analysis
- Corridor studies
- Traffic engineering studies and analysis
- Transportation planning reports
- Bicycle and pedestrian studies
- Parking Studies
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate is someone with effective communication skills, high attention to detail, who enjoys working in a team environment. Candidate must be a highly motivated and talented engineer or planner with a strong background and interests in multi-modal transportation planning and engineering projects, and someone who wants to make positive change to the way people move throughout our communities.
If you love a good challenge, if you enjoy collaboration and delivering results and if you think egos have no place at the table, we should talk. We’re in the business of innovation and we’re always looking for opportunities—from exciting new projects to finding talented new people to add to our team. If you feel like you’d fit in here, please send us your resume.
To be successful, this person should have the following:
- 2-10 years of experience transportation planning / traffic engineering
- Will consider candidates with a range of experience and interest in Planning
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Ability to receive direction and execute prioritized tasks
- Responsive to requests from team members and clients
- Ability to write technical memos and reports
- Experience with using collaborative software including Microsoft Teams and Office 365 (Word, Excel, etc.)
- GIS experience (Arc GIS Pro)
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Graphics experience (Adobe suite)
- AICP or ability to obtain AICP
- CUBE, Vissim, Synchro, HCS
OUR PROCESS AND WHAT WE OFFER:
We appreciate your time in considering Avenue Consultants! Our primary objective in the interview process to first determine if there is an alignment of interest. Does Avenue have work that you are passionate about? Second, we seek an alignment of Avenue culture. Are you driven and passionate about good work, are you open, genuine, and care for others?
We review every resume; Tell us about your accomplishments and how you achieved them or send some samples of your work. We appreciate people with a diverse professional background. Our interviews start with getting to know you as a person – we’ll want to talk about why you are excited about our industry and where you feel that you can thrive in our company. Then we’ll worry about the technical stuff.
Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits including excellent medical, dental and vision plans, bonuses for eligible positions, paid holidays, generous PTO, 401(k) matching, short and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as an employee assistance program, stand-up desks, EV charging stations (Taylorsville) and a flexible environment working with other passionate people.
If you are interested in working for a firm that puts people first and a team that recognizes and appreciates exploring innovative solutions in a collaborative setting, please apply by sending your resume to:
email@example.com – just include the job title in the subject line.
Avenue Consultants Is an Equal Opportunity Employer