Transportation Planning/Project Manager
POSTED October 20, 2022
WHO WE ARE:
Avenue Consultants is a multi-discipline consulting firm which has successfully delivered a wide range of professional services across the U.S. for over fifteen years. Avenue’s mission is to Create Opportunity for Employees and Value for Clients.
It takes dedication and commitment to build a professional services practice like Avenue Consultants; We could only accomplish this by attracting and retaining the best in our industry. At Avenue, we are a people first culture, which means that our team members are our top priority. Avenue is highly collaborative, focused on open and honest communication, being brave, having courage, showing mutual respect and by genuine care for others.
Avenue has a great reputation in the industry with employees working out of six locations with clients in nine different states and we continue to build our national presence. To encourage an environment that is open, collaborative and where employees have a true opportunity for development and growth, we take an unconventional approach where we don’t use traditional job titles and organization reporting structures.
Our collaborative approach connects you with key people both locally and nationally in our industry and provides opportunities to work on projects that will challenge you and provide growth opportunities for you. One challenge we never lose sight of as we grow is how we will continue to create an environment where our employees are valued and challenged which is why a commitment to our people and culture continues to be a key focus of Avenue’s strategic goals.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Avenue Consultants has an exciting opportunity to join its Planning group as a Transportation Planner/Project Manager. In this role you will work as part of our team, alongside our clients, to assist with project delivery. This position will support delivering a diverse range of traffic and planning, analysis, operations, and design projects.
The Transportation Planner/Project Manager must be a highly motivated and talented Engineer or Planner with a strong background and interests in multi-modal transportation planning and engineering projects, and someone who wants to make positive change to the way people move throughout our communities. Some specific responsibilities would include:
- Lead a project team as Project Manager on a variety of transportation planning projects including complete streets, transit planning, traffic analysis, long range planning, community planning, or concept design and development.
- Create technical reports, presentations, and other materials for stakeholders and clients to document planning study and concept design findings
- Develop informative concepts and quality presentation materials for public meetings and project websites/pages including GIS Storymaps and data visualization.
- Prepare for, attend, document and participate in public meetings (in person and virtual) by facilitating breakout groups
- Perform other similar duties as needed and support other sections
- Support and grow into project planner/engineer roles
- Work to be expected includes
- Local, regional and statewide transportation plans
- GIS Analysis
- Corridor studies
- Traffic engineering studies and analysis
- Travel demand forecasting
- Transportation planning reports
- Bicycle and pedestrian studies
- Parking Studies
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
To be successful, the Transportation Planner/Project Manager should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience traffic engineering/transportation planning
- Bachelors Degree in Planning, Civil Engineering or similar OR equivalent work experience
- GIS experience (Arc GIS Pro)
- Ability to receive direction and execute prioritized tasks
- Responsive to requests from team members and clients
- Ability to write technical memos and reports
- Experience with using collaborative software including Microsoft Teams and Office 365 (Word, Excel, etc.)
Other qualifications that may be helpful in this role include:
- 10+ years of traffic engineering/transportation planning is preferred but will consider more entry level candidates with solid educational background
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Graphics experience (Adobe suite)
- AICP or ability to obtain AICP within 12 months
- CUBE, Vissim, Synchro, HCS
OUR PROCESS AND WHAT WE OFFER:
We appreciate your time in considering Avenue Consultants! Our primary objective in the interview process to first determine if there is an alignment of interest. Does Avenue have opportunities that align with your passions? Second, we seek an alignment of Avenue culture. Are you driven and passionate about good work, are you open, genuine, and care for others?
We review every resume; Tell us about your accomplishments and how you achieved them or send some samples of your work. We appreciate people with a diverse professional background. Our interviews start with getting to know you as a person – we’ll want to talk about why you are excited about our industry and where you feel that you can thrive in our company. Then we’ll worry about the technical stuff.
Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits including excellent medical, dental and vision plans, bonuses for eligible positions, paid holidays, generous PTO, 401(k) matching, short and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as an employee assistance program, stand-up desks, EV charging stations (Taylorsville) and a flexible environment working with other passionate people.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Avenue Consultants Is an Equal Opportunity Employer