Utility Design Engineer
POSTED March 9, 2023
Avenue Consultants is a multi-discipline consulting firm which has successfully delivered a wide range of professional services across the U.S. for over fifteen years. Avenue’s mission is to Create Opportunity for Employees and Value for Clients. At Avenue, we are a people first culture, which means that our team members are our top priority. Avenue is highly collaborative, focused on open and honest communication, being brave, having courage, showing mutual respect and by genuine care for others. To encourage an environment that is open, collaborative and where employees have a true opportunity for development and growth, we take an unconventional approach where we don’t use traditional job titles and organization reporting structures. Our collaborative approach connects you with key people both locally and nationally in our industry and provides opportunities to work on projects that will challenge you and provide growth opportunities for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Avenue Consultants is excited to be growing our Design Engineering team! We are seeking a Utility Design Engineer to work with our Project Managers on Design projects with regards to impacted Utilities. Some of the specific responsibilities would include:
- Support the project manager and client with explanation of the utility relocation policies and processes that apply to each project for the various utilities impacted.
- Collect and review utility company plans and import into Microstation and OpenRoads designer.
- Prepare and develop 2D Existing Utility Files
- Prepare 3D utility models of existing and proposed utilities.
- Review existing utility data against project design to perform a conflict analysis.
- Document potential conflicts and proposed mitigations
- Prepare Standard Utility Agreements to include all pertinent data and exhibit materials.
- Coordinate with utility companies on relocation designs, and potential betterments to be included in the project.
- Design utility relocations for water and sewer lines in Microstation and OpenRoads Designer.
- Develop specifications and engineer’s estimate for relocation designs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a self-starter with a detailed understanding of Utility Design. Specific experience with delivering projects for the Department of Transportation and other local municipalities to Utah is desired. The ideal candidate is someone with excellent communication skills, an attention to detail, and established client relationships who enjoys working in a team environment.
If you love a good challenge, if you’re all about collaboration, and if you think egos have no place at the table, we should talk. We’re in the business of innovation and we’re always looking for opportunities—from great new projects to finding great new people to add to our team. If you feel like you’d fit in here, please send us your resume.
To be successful, this person should have the following qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License in Utah or ability to obtain a Utah PE within 6 months of hire.
- 5+ years of utility design experience is required.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills working with UDOT, local governments and third- party utility companies.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong agreement processing documentation skills, fully inclusive of all utilities.
- Demonstrated Experience using MicroStation, OpenRoads Designer, and Microsoft Excel, and other applications typically used by utility design professionals.
- UDOT design experience preferred.
- Waterline design experience desirable.
OUR PROCESS AND WHAT WE OFFER:
Our primary objective in the interview process to first determine if there is an alignment of interest. Does Avenue have work that you are passionate about? Second, we seek an alignment of Avenue culture. Are you driven and passionate about good work, are you open, genuine, and care for others?
We appreciate people with a diverse professional background. Our interviews start with getting to know you as a person – we’ll want to talk about why you are excited about our industry and where you feel that you can thrive in our company. Then we’ll worry about the technical stuff.
Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits including excellent medical, dental and vision plans, bonuses for eligible positions, paid holidays, generous PTO, 401(k) matching, short and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as an employee assistance program, stand-up desks, and a flexible environment working with other passionate people.
If you are interested in working for a firm that puts people first please apply by sending your resume to:
email@example.com – just include the job title in the subject line.
Avenue Consultants Is an Equal Opportunity Employer