Environmental Planner Taylorsville, UT
POSTED December 5, 2023
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Avenue’s Environmental Team is looking for an Environmental Planner. As a team is it our goal to deliver the strongest environmental documents, analysis, and solutions in the industry. Our Environmental team is personally invested in delivering the highest quality environmental solutions to our clients and developing each member of the team. Our collaborative approach to work connects you with key people locally and nationally in our industry and provides opportunities to work on projects that will challenge and grow you as an environmental professional and practitioner.
We are passionate about serving our clients, naturally collaborative, genuinely interested in new ideas, and constantly learning. With our team you will have the opportunity to:
• Lead and support environmental planning projects, either as a project manager, environmental lead, or analyst.
• Develop, analyze, and create environmental documents.
• Write, edit, and develop images to graphically illustrate information.
• Compile and analyze technical data.
• Review, analyze and interpret planning reports and studies as well as design and implement the same.
• Further develop expertise in federal and state requirements as they apply to the assigned project(s).
• Participate in competitive proposal development (RFPs, RFIs, DOT proposals, etc.) including engaging in company growth and business development strategies.
Avenue’s Environmental Team: Here’s who you’ll work with. Jack Allen is a nationally recognized NEPA expert. HG Kunzler and Justin Peterson are well known locally and regionally. This team continues to build the environmental practice at Avenue.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The right person is project-driven, client focused, and a life-long-learner. We have a diverse set of environmental and project management skills on our team so any mix of environmental specialties is great, but someone with experience or interest in air quality, biological species, and/or historic preservation would find this position fulfilling. Specifically, we are looking for:
• 5-10 years of environmental related experience, or a minimum of 3-4 years of environmental planning in a professional services company or department of transportation.
• A degree in biology would be great or in environmental sciences, or planning (regional, urban, ecological, recreational, etc.) is also good but we value diversity so a degree in any field related to environmental planning works well for our team.
• Comprehensive understanding of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), implementing regulations, and other relevant federal environmental laws (e.g., Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Clean Water Act, etc.)
• Strong written communication skills are critical in this position—we are looking for demonstrated success “telling a story,” presenting information in a logical progression, and conveying complete thoughts effectively. We’ll want to see writing samples.
• Must live/work in Utah Arizona or Nevada, available to travel within those states and other on occasion.
OUR PROCESS AND WHAT WE OFFER:
We appreciate your time in considering Avenue Consultants! Our primary objective in the interview process to first determine if there is an alignment of interest. Does Avenue have work that you are passionate about? Second, we seek an alignment of Avenue culture. Are you driven and passionate about good work, are you open, genuine, and care for others?
We review every resume; Tell us about your accomplishments and how you achieved them or send some samples of your work. We appreciate people with a diverse professional background. Our interviews start with getting to know you as a person – we’ll want to talk about why you are excited about our industry and where you feel that you can thrive in our company. Then we’ll worry about the technical stuff.
Avenue offers competitive compensation and benefits including excellent medical, dental and vision plans, bonuses for eligible positions, paid holidays, generous PTO, 401(k) matching, short and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as an employee assistance program, stand-up desks, EV charging stations (Taylorsville) and a flexible environment working with other passionate people.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job in the subject line.
Avenue Consultants Is an Equal Opportunity Employer